• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two Color Desert Camo?

Augdog1964

Hey all,

My new M936 is desert tan, and while I love the beast, its pretty boring to look at... were there any two color desert camo jobs done in the US Military?

I think a second color would really add something... maybe a darker brown from the 3 color scheme? We like to keep it as original as possible, so was there any 2 color camo in desert used?

Thanks in advance...

mcmullag

3 and 4 color desert camo

I have a dream of one day owning a duece that I have done up in the 3 or 4 color desert camo. It seems these trucks done that way come from National Guard units of the Southwest, like NM and AZ. Here are some sample pics of that scheme.

Attachments

Vintage iron

the three color desert camo is MERDC grey desert. there are TM's on painting this pattern and lots of great info here on this subject. type in desert Camo or MERDC and you should find the other threads on this subject. I am painting my Gun truck MERDC grey desert.

Vintage iron

anyone notice the silhouette of the chic on the side of the Helo? Just when you think you thought of something new :doh: and you see someone did it already. I am going to have me friends air brush in a Reeper and some skulls in my camo pattern.

ODDBALL007

i too had wondered if they did a 3 color desert camo. So i decided to ask my uncle who paints them in the service. He told me that sand color by it self worked the best where these trucks were deployed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks