• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two different wiring hookups for in tank fuel pumps?

Boatcarpenter

Here are two pics of in-tank pumps. One has a plug for the electrical hookup and the other has what looks to be a permanent connection that is dimpled to retain it. Anyone know if the dimpled one comes apart without destroying the connection and can be put back together? or go into a replacement unit?
Anybody have a dead pump with that hookup that wants to try it?
Any insight here would be helpful.
Or does anybody have a spare tank top with the plug in type of connection they are willing to part with?
Reason being, I have a line on a good take out or slightly marked up NOS pump I would like to buy as a spare that is the plug in style, but I want to be able to use it and not have to fabricate some hookup on the side of the road :driver:
Thanks for any help,
BC

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd get a newer pump (with the detachable wire) and newer pump housing (with detachable wire) for the tank.
With all the parts trucks out there, it shouldnt be too hard.

Boatcarpenter

Bjorn, when the pumps craps out, you can bet I will take it apart, 'gotta see how it works (or not as the case may be).
E22, that's exactly what I'm going to do'
BC