• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two male plugins on a fuel sending unit.

Scarecrow1

I went to replace my fuel sending unit today and discovered a problem . The plug from the wiring harness has a male plug on the end of it and so does the plug on the sending unit . My old fuel gage on the dash stopped working last year and clouded up so I bought a new one and installed it. Still didnt read but, was clear so I kepted it and thought it may be the ground so I checked it . Nope still didn't work so I ordered a new fuel level sending unit and plugged everything up and nope no go. So I go throught and check the connections and find that the wires are both male plugs .
Did I miss a coupling because one didn't come with the new one it is the same as the old unit down to the same male plug . Has anyone run into this before and I'm up for any suggestions as to how to solve this problem .
Thanks for any help you can give ...........