• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two stoopid to make my grease gun work......

sailor2000

This shows you how long it has been since I have done any serious wrenching... bought a rechargeable grease gun on e-bay... no instructions of course in the box... and it keeps 'air locking' or losing 'prime'... have to pull and release the plunger, pull the hose off and get the air out again.. then it works for an ounce or two and then it gets air locked again... what am I doing wrong???? Tried to grease the Deuce today... spent maybe 10 minutes greasing and 2 hours jacking with the gun...

acetomatoco

My lever type 30 year old Sears gun just keeps squirting and squirting...and never needs to be charged...it just hanging around like a cheap hooker just waiting to be pumped...cartridge or bulk it doesn't care.

sailor2000

144?????

Actually went down the road to Kwik Kar... Had 'em do the drive line... I have a veteran's event to do sat nite if we don't get rained out and the driveline was wayyyyyy overdue and the event is about 20 miles away...

Kwik Kar had a sign out front... "Support our troops"... saw the banner on the deuce... greased every fitting they could find and sent me on my way with a handshake and good wishes...

God bless 'em...

Attachments

lacoda56

When you pulled out the T handle on the bottom of the grease cylinder, there should have been pretty good spring pressure. If not, the grease won't be forced into the pump. If the spring's missing or broken, get one from one of ACE's 30 year old lever type guns. I didn't think much of the rechargeable guns at first, but we now have 5 or 6 where I work, and wouldn't go back to the old hand pumpers. If you're still having trouble, send me a PM and we'll see if we can straighten it out.

DMgunn

Not sure just how rusty you are, so I'll just tell you exactly what I do, which is real basic, but always works right away, unless the gun is worn out. Instead of using the bleeder or taking off anything else, just unscrew the cartridge tube a couple turns at the top, pull the plunger, give it a small twist, and make sure there is resistance when you push the plunger back in. Then pull the trigger, and turn the body tight after it starts to pump. That will purge air faster than any other way, and you will likely be in good shape for the rest of the cartridge. I know, real obvious, but I've seen guys struggle with grease guns since...........well, often.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks