• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tx Registration for M932A1

GHall

In case it helps, I just registered my M932A1 as a farm truck with no issues or weird looks.. The license plate says "Farm Truck Trac". It was previously weighed and titled as a "Combination Truck" with the previous owner so that probably helped. With an agricultural tax exemption number the title transfer cost $160 with plates and registration sticker good till March. I need to complete a heavy use tax form "2290" which will cost about $40 before I renew the registration in March. I believe the registration is around $150-200/yr. The vehicle still needs a Tx Semi truck inspection and sticker yearly.

One benifit of going the "Farm Truck" rout is that it's a little cheaper for registration and title transfer. Also, it is not required to have a CDL for farm use and you are not held to such high standards in your personal vehicle like not being able to get deffered or use a driver safety course to get rid of a ticket. Now before anyone jumps my chili for driving without a CDL, Another perk of having the truck out here at the ranch and using it to move equipment is I've become very familiar with driving the vehicle and its personality for the last 6 months without putting the public in any kind of danger. Before I bought the truck I went to the DMV and picked up the commercial handbook and studied it a lot. I'm not claiming to be any kind of professional by any means but the handbook helps and brings things to your attention I would have never thought of. The truck has been fully insured since the day I bought it just in case anyone was wondering. I'm pretty excited to be able to go to the feed store and pick up feed and hay with it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks