• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TX Transportation Museum MV Show

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot of different folks made the road trip to the TX Transportation Museum's 1st Annual MV Show. We had a great turnout from the Alamo MVPA, a member from the Lonestar MVPA, and even an entry from the Ft Sam Houston Museum. We hope to make this an annual event so all TX Steel Soldiers should plane on a road trip to San Antonio next September.

The 1st picture is me and the MRS forming up at Home Depot after a tasty bowl of oatmeal from Starbucks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pawnshop

It was a good show! I got to see a Mule up close for the first time (and driving around), and that beautiful half track! I can't decide what was cooler, watching that 1919 Excelsior running around (runs good) or watching the half track drive off down the road (he drove it in from Schertz, 20 miles or so).

I brought a friend and new MV owner (M38A1) with me, this was his first event, and he got to talk in length to some of the guys about their Jeeps. I got to talk for quite a while to a WWII veteran of the 2nd Marine Division, that made the day extra special.

I think we had in attendance:
2x-M35A2 (1 W/W, 1 W/oW)
2x-M1009 (1 with M101A1 trailer)
1-M151A1
1-M151A2 (with M416 trailer)
1-M38A1
2-M38 (1 with M101 trailer)
1-Ford script MB (with M100 trailer)
1-Half Track (I can't recall the "M" number)
1-M274A5 "mule"
1-1919 Excelsior
and
1-1916 Ford Model T Brill bodied ambulance

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys, here's the Warning Order:

2nd Annual All MV Show at the TX Transportation Museum (San Antonio) is scheduled for 9/11/2010. Not sure what we're doing as a memorial but we'll think of something.

We had a GREAT turnout last year (see photos above) but would like to out-do ourselves this year. This is a decent time of year to be in S. TX and there will be plenty of parking spaces for those that need to trailer a display in.

Anyone that needs additional info shoot me a PM and I'll start a roster for updates.

MC

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One last reminder about Saturday's Alamo MVPA and TX Transportation Museum MV ONLY show, 9/11 from 1000-1600hrs. The event is free including admission to the museum. Hope to see you there.

TTM web

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pawnshop and I are convoying down early Saturday. Both will be in 1009s. I was going to bring the 5-ton, but figured the clutch might be a tad tough to work with a fractured left tibia... :|
Viva auto-tranny when you are gimpy!

Cheers

Barrman

Colton has his b-day Friday and we have some stuff planned at the house. Sorry I won't make it Mark.

Rory, who did you kick to break your leg?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rory, who did you kick to break your leg?
Ummm... the ground... :oops:

Doing an advanced motorcycle school (yes, you can teach an old dog new tricks, it just isn't easy), had a difference of opinion on the laws of gravity between the bike, the ground, and me. The bike and the ground got together to prove the point, I hobbled away suitably chastised for my impertinence.

Cheers

Pawnshop

Ummm... the ground... :oops:

Doing an advanced motorcycle school (yes, you can teach an old dog new tricks, it just isn't easy), had a difference of opinion on the laws of gravity between the bike, the ground, and me. The bike and the ground got together to prove the point, I hobbled away suitably chastised for my impertinence.

Cheers
Gravity is a cruel, but predictable, mistress...

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that like naming an old girlfriend "Gravity" since she was such a b!tch?

Was hoping to drag the M37 to the show behind the deuce but the right front brake is dragging and I don't want to try to one up Sarge by burning both a towed vehicle and a deuce to the ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks