• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TX Veterans Day Parades - Dallas and Richardson

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Richardson TX has a small parade. This year I will be in it and my father, LTC (R) Leonard Jankowiak will be riding in the M35 passenger seat.

A friend of mine, CPT (R) Charlie Richmond, would like to ride in a WWII jeep or any deuce for the Dallas parade. He's running for County Sherriff also BTW. I am already committed to honoring my father. Anyone interested in providing some wheels for CPT Richmond? I am not politically motivated, but he may want to hang a banner.

New post is for 2008 -- pls. scroll down..

Last edited:

dabtl

RE: TX Veterans Day Oarades - Dallas and Richardson

We will have an M151, a WC63 and a M35a2 in the Dallas parade. If he wants a ride, less signs, OK.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

That's fair enough. I was not too excited about signage either, since the object is to honor veterans, not blatantly promote political aspirations.

Is it fair to ask for the passenger seat? Maybe his folks could take a picture along the route and it wouldn't spoil anything.

dabtl

He can stand in the gun ring for all I care. Bring his family along. Plenty of room.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Veterans Day 2008 - Richardson TX. (somehow my dad forgot to get us signed up for 2007. Dabtl, did that guy ever show up? I don't care about what politicians want.. even less so now.)

The Richardson parade is very small, much too small for the size of the city. In fact it is only 1/4 mile long and passes by/is hosted by one school and one VFW post. Nonetheless the mayor and city council etc all show up and there is a program at the school afterwards, wher the mayor speaks, and the veterans all stand up and say who they are and what they did, and then there is a display of medals, pictures, and other stuff on some tables . So all the school children K through 8 have the benefit of this, besides which it consumes half a school day, heh.

Ok, I have only these 2 pics right now. CH. 5 NBC was there and did a short program on it.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks