• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

U-bolt Size

Seth_O

Does anyone have handy the u-bolt size they used on the rear of their bobber using 105 springs w/the helper springs? I had a slot free up in my day and can go get the bolts made during my lunch hour, but don't have any with me to measure the size against. I searched without luck. I just need the bolt diameter, I already measured the length and the saddle.

Any help is appreciated.

Seth_O

A'ight, I was not able to get the answer I needed, so I drove out to my truck and picked up one of the old u-bolts. Turns out they are 3/4". With the helper spring and the lift block I need u-bolts built 16" long, with a 3.5" saddle size.

jatonka

Well, I guess you answered your own question but, I am just finishing a 4x4 M35 conversion using the trailer suspension and I got 2 1/2 x 18 1/4 ubolts made up at the local spring shop. They are on the truck, fit just right. I do use the helper springs as the trailer did. Mount the tabs on the truck frame. Mount the shocks too. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks