• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

U bolts up or Down?

Ok so I have a question and haven't found it here at all. For all you guys bobbing your trucks.... are you running your u bolts up or down? I come from the jeep world and we always did anything we could to gain ground clearance and less snagging underneath.

I have seen it done both ways on here. Some guys point the bolts up and seems like most guys using the deuce springs point them down. Now since I'm using m105 springs and if you guys seen the other thread with the front axle shims correcting caster, I'm also going to be making lift shims/perches similar to a m35a3 perch.

Since I'm spending the money for new u bolts I'm going to try and point them up, but will the m105 u bolt plate fit that way? I know it will fit with the bolts point down. But will it fit pointing them up?

WRMorrison

Yep, they'll fit. I mounted mine up (because of the same thinking). Check my thread in my sig for pics and such: post #40.

-WRM

WRMorrison

Yeah, I haven't messed with the front yet. I'll think about it when I flip the front perches around after machining them. More than likely though, I'll leave those the way they are; no sense in adding extra expense for the heck of it at this point...maybe later.

-WRM

HanksDeuce

My rear u-bolts are up, but I'm running deuce front springs in the rear. The front u-bolts are down because I haven't messed with the front suspension (other than grinding on the bottom perches to change the caster).

Attachments

That doesn't matter..... the plate sits on top of the spring. By they don't work I measured mine tonight. They are ok with with the 2.5" but they are 4.5" between the bolts. They would work but are a 1" to wide.

KsM715

Its been awhile since I bobbed my truck (and its been sold for a few years now).I remembered there was some issue with using some of the 105 mounting hardware, just couldnt remember what it was.Thanks

Actually I think I found a way to use the top plates and I can't believe I didn't think of this myself.

attachment-2.jpeg

This is a old thread where a guy made this lift blocks. If my measurements are correct i should be able to do this. And since i need to make lift blocks and order u bolts i can save my self some money by doing this and using the m105 u bolt plate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks