• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ugh... Transmission...

Refalgren

My transmission on my M1008 just bombed out tonight and cratered hard.

was backing into a parking space when it decided it just wanted to grind. tried shifting through all the gears in 2wd and the only one that doesn't grind is Neutral. same for 4wd (not like it make a difference)

Anyone in Georgia (i'm in Ft Benning) have a spare, low-mileage, fair to good condition TH400, that they're willing to let go for low cost? (*crosses fingers* donations maybe ;-)?)

I was gonna get it replaced eventually, but the time line just got ramped up.

This is my only vehicle currently.

ABN173

Dude... sorry to hear that, look up SS member "Papabear" he owns a wrecker company in Columbus and has a private MV motorpool. I can't say he has exactly what you need but more than likely he knows somebody who does.

-Chief

Refalgren

No problems before that besides taking a bit longer than usual to get into gear and high shift speeds. I had just replaced the modulator and adjusted it the other day too.

Dabba

how many miles were on it? these things are suppse to be bulletproof haha. But, aside from local craigslist and such, check out the ck5 forums classifieds section, im sure someones got one sitting around, even one that can bolt up to a 6.2 wth the 208.

papercu

There is/was two in Griffin GA 1-800-726-1570 or 1-866-233-3881 400.00 ea.
If you are still in service you might try the post auto repair do-it-yourself shop most bases have one and try rebuilding it yourself and they would have the few special tools you need. Wayne

Refalgren

Can't seem to register for the CK5 forums as I can't seem to exactly answer the registration question of "What is the most common engine in a K5 Blazer?" in the exact format they want.

jmmay82

Did you crack the case, is it leaking fluid any trans rebuiler should be able to rebuil yours for under 500 bucks if you R and R it the parts are simple too they should have a one day turn around on it

maritimer

min grenaded on me in november ended up snaping the back half of the case off, i pulled it my self took it to the trans shop here and had them put the internals into a donor case and replace any worn components for $400.
dropped it off at 9am had it back and ready to go up in by 1pm the same day.
i believe croatiion kid has one ready to go i cant remember where he is located but might be feasable for you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks