• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UII coded Hmmwv

Gfern3686

I'm brand new here this is actually only my second post. I recently acquired my first Hmmwv (1985 M1097E) and had a question regarding the information on the data plate. The plate lists several different numbers including Reg, UII, cage, NSN, and EC along with the basic vehicle info ( year, and manufacturer). There is also a data matrix stamped on the plate. The plate states "vin: none" and "serial none" although the EC number appears to be consistent with what the serial number should be on the vehicle I am not 100% certain. My question is this, I'm trying to locate a serial number for the sf97 form, would the UII number or any of the others for that matter be able to be used as the "vin" for the form? If not is there another location on the vehicle where the factory issued serial number would be located?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and like I said I'm brand new so if I'm in the wrong spot go easy on me

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can use your registration number to find your serial number. Please post it in the 2016 VIN thread and I'll look when I get to work today (note, I'm going to be away for a few weeks, so either today or October)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks