• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ultra-low Sulfur Diesel

Banshee365

Hey guy's. This stuff is everywhere now. I had to put the first tank in my '05 6.0 powerstroke diesel tonight, of course I added several oz of lucas upper cylinder lube with the talk of lower lubricity of the ULSD. Question is, how is this new fuel for the Deuce? Being a multifuel I know it'll burn anything that resembles diesel fuel but what about the fuel lines, seals, etc... I've heard talk of older civi diesel trucks needing fuel line upgrades with the newer rubber so they don't deteriorate with the ULSD. What have you guy's heard?

-Kelly

rmgill

The deuce is designed to run on gasoline which has even lower lubrication properties than diesel does. Even the ULS Diesel.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We've had it for about a year in texas. I haven't had any problems yet. I run it throuh my car, and all my trucks with no signs of fuel leaks.
I would check some of the diesel sites that have some power stroke guru's and see if the lower lube is a problem. I think the PS is now a common rail engine?
As far as running it in my Multi's, I'll contune to add lube. I can't take the chance of sitting on the side of the road with a bad IP when i could have prevented it.