• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Under dash Air Conditioning System

niferous

Anyone ever use one in an M1009 or other CUCV? I found this site right here:
Universal Underdash A/c System - Miscellaneous Vehicles

A guy that works on my Land Cruiser said he has one in an FJ40 and that it freezes him out. They have a whole kit that even has a dash vent that I could possibly mount somewhere. I'm not really worried about heat because it is Texas after all and the heater on my truck seldom if ever gets used. So does anyone have any experience with these units? My first thought was to use the dash AC system out of a Suburban but I'm not sure I want to go tearing into another vehicle and trying to pull out all the AC stuff. I've never worked on AC systems before and I'm not sure I would be able to pull it off.

papercu

I'm not saying you couldn't do the work yourself, but I think I would check with some AC mechanics/technician and see what they would charge you. Wayne
Do it yourself Air for your dog.

Attachments

niferous

I have and was told by one guy it would cost around $750. I looked at the instructions and it really looks pretty simple. I did buy this truck to learn how to work on vehicles past my current abilities so I should probably go ahead and do it myself. I will chronicle everything with pictures for you guys. :wink:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike at ODI has done 2 installs that I know of. You couldn't pay him to do a 3rd but he can actually tell you from experince. Not sure I want to try it but that under dash unit looks appealing.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see the comressor they have is avalable in 24V. Now i'm thinking A/C for my M35. Fabbing brackets for the compressor shouldn't be too hard.

3dubs

I heard the OD Iron is very simple except for the compressor bracket. You could do everything else and the recruit some help if you need it. Then take it to an a/c shop to put a vacume on it and add the freon. Unless you like spending money.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks