• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Under the paint

Warren Lovell

Starting the process of painting the small items on my M1009. I had the rear bumper off and began to strip the original paint down to the metal. Under the green was a black primer (good coat). And under the black primer was a grey primer (light coat).

I was suprised to see rust under the grey primer, although none of it went through to the surface. It looked as if they painted it this way, with a small amount of surface rust.

After I took all the rust off, I etched the bumper for 30 minutes wet, with metal etch, rinsed, and primed with PPG Epoxy. Today, I will paint the bumpers tan. I am using KUSTOM FLATZ Desert Tan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks