• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Underbelly Rust

danochamp

Just wondering if I should be concerned with rust on the differential case, leaf springs, and pretty much the rest of the underside of the truck?

ralbelt

WhenI had the box off last summer I power washed the frame, rear end springs and whatever else I could. Then I wire wheeled and wire brushed it. Then sprayed it with rustoleum primer and then black.

firecontrol86

i've been wondering about this same issue. seems like i've got some surface rust on almost all the underbelly components: axles, diff cases, tranny plate, etc. i was thinking along the same lines as the post above, just spending some time wirewheeling and sanding and putting some rustoleum on it. not sure how that'll come out in the long run, but it's a start

hovenga67

Power wash let dry. Then use either rust mort to nuetralize the rust or paint with a product called chassis saver. It is similar to por-15 paint over rust and it seals it to stop it. I like the chassis saver because you only need on step.
Brent