• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Unloader" valve questions

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK all-
I had a situation last week where my "unloader valve" got stuck in open(?) position and I had to whack my air compressor with a hammer to close(?) it. For those who don't know, it's located under the injection pump on the driver's side of the engine.

Here are my questions:
1. What is the "proper" term for it? I have been looking through the -10 TM, but as I'm not exactly sure what function it does (all I know is if it gets stuck you lose all air pressure and cannot build more), I cannot rely on descriptions to find it.

2. Once I find the correct name, is there a procedure to rebuild or clean this valve? I will not be opening it and lubricating because lube and contaminats=glue, and I'm only kicking the can down the road to deal with it later.

3. If there is a rebuild procedure, are there kits available for purchase?

I appreciate all information and help.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Cleaning procedure is in there.

Unloader kit is AR12719. All parts for Unloader and compressor are in the spreadsheet.

On an A2 you aren't going to get Just the Unloader off. You will be pulling the compressor head with it. It may not look possible but it is.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well-
Sometimes you just have to go to the correct TM. I searched the -20...

It **is** called the unloader valve... 🤦‍♂️

Screenshot_20211222-171053_Drive.jpg