• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unlucky s-250

dstang97

Got a s-250 out of vt. Wish it was in a little better shape. The caulk has deteriorated and let water in the roof insulation panel. My plan was to wait for summer the hook up a propane heater and heat the box for an extended time. The seal it up. Luckily a tree fell on it and made a nice relief hole on the top. When I'm all done patching it up what caulk should I reseal everything with? I heard silicone is not good for aluminum.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a TM or TB for repairing shelters. I can't recall the specifics and I can't seem to find my digital copy, but perhaps there is a reference to the correct type of caulk.

RangerBob

I've got one in northern NH that seems to have developed a very small leak, but it may be just sweating from the temperature difference between inside and out. I had a Mr Heater in it at the time. What is the purpose of heating the box for an extended time, softening the existing caulk, swelling the panel joints, or what?