• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Untouchable is coming out of the barn

m816

I just posted a reply but I can't find it, so here is the latest news on The Untouchable. My nephew is installing the pyro on it this weekend. The one he ordered came 12V powered. Now the problem is getting it to run on the 24V system. His solution is to run wires off only one battery to a 24V solinoid and put a fuse into he line. This will give us 12 V to run the pyro as well as a port under the dash where I can plug in my GPS unit. I can do away with the road atlas. and the whole system will function through the master switch so nothing remains on when the master switch is off.( should save the battery drain) The pyro should help teach me to get off the pedal so I don't melt something down in the engine and force another rebuild. This is too expensive a lesson to have to repeat. We had it on the road at Christmas time and It sure likes to run fast. we were back in the 65 to 70 MPH range even up hils and it pulls great. The fuel pressure and the turbo boost has been turned down and with the addition of the pyro should be nice compliment to keeping the engine intact. See ya all in August. Vinny

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get a 24V to 12V converter cheap off ebay. Never a good idea to pull power off one battery. Even with the switch to turn it off, you'll still unballance the system when you have it on.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I just posted a reply but I can't find it, so here is the latest news on The Untouchable. My nephew is installing the pyro on it this weekend. The one he ordered came 12V powered. Now the problem is getting it to run on the 24V system. His solution is to run wires off only one battery to a 24V solinoid and put a fuse into he line. This will give us 12 V to run the pyro as well as a port under the dash where I can plug in my GPS unit. I can do away with the road atlas. and the whole system will function through the master switch so nothing remains on when the master switch is off.( should save the battery drain) The pyro should help teach me to get off the pedal so I don't melt something down in the engine and force another rebuild. This is too expensive a lesson to have to repeat. We had it on the road at Christmas time and It sure likes to run fast. we were back in the 65 to 70 MPH range even up hils and it pulls great. The fuel pressure and the turbo boost has been turned down and with the addition of the pyro should be nice compliment to keeping the engine intact. See ya all in August. Vinny

I was very happy to hear The Untouchable was back in action.
Will she be in KY in August or just the "Crew"??

Looks like Logan is coming without Uncle Meat and Ron without Black Widow:doh::doh:

I'm gonna try to find a way to get Black Widow up here early and then bring her on up to KY if we can.

Do you guys recognize any of these Proud Americans??

Attachments

m816

Hey Papabear, We will be there with the Untouchable sans towbar. It is a fair trip OTR but I am fairly confident we will arrive in one piece this year. The mechanics of the truck are all rebuilt. Gonna score some new tires for the drivers and a couple new batteries at the MTA show this month. After the feedback about pulling juice from one battery, I think I will send the pyro back and get that non powered model. Maybe pick up a converter for the GPS. I don't know if the Crew has decided about the Angel yet but hopefull they will make it too. They are half way there now since they have it at Rod's house, so who knows? Hopefully the fuel don't bankrupt us all. expect to pull in with my guns mounted and fully displayed and no red paint on them either. See yall there. Vinny

vtdeucedriver

Hey Papabear, We will be there with the Untouchable sans towbar. It is a fair trip OTR but I am fairly confident we will arrive in one piece this year. The mechanics of the truck are all rebuilt. Gonna score some new tires for the drivers and a couple new batteries at the MTA show this month. After the feedback about pulling juice from one battery, I think I will send the pyro back and get that non powered model. Maybe pick up a converter for the GPS. I don't know if the Crew has decided about the Angel yet but hopefull they will make it too. They are half way there now since they have it at Rod's house, so who knows? Hopefully the fuel don't bankrupt us all. expect to pull in with my guns mounted and fully displayed and no red paint on them either. See yall there. Vinny

Good too see you up and running Vinny. I will keep you posted about our "lil" test run in june..................Keep that under your hat for now.

m816

Sorry guys but the Untouchable will not be at the MTA show this year. The new Pyro has been installed and it is a new experience for me. I have always been able get more power and speed out of a truck by running out the rpms before shifting and feeling how the truck runs. never broke an engine either. Using the pyro has changed the way I have to run the truck. I'll get the hang of it soon but we need some more practice before I feel comfortable and Diesel is at $4.20 up at the farm. We scheduled a couple short appearances before a run out to Fr Drum in June. Then hopefully, all will be well for the trip to Ky. the Pyro is a 12 Vt. unit that draws very little and I don't forsee any chance of unbalancing the batteries by just tapping into one battery. the thing takes mabye a amp and a half. I would have liked to get the unpowerd unit John Tennis spoke of but My nephew wound up with this model and we will go with it untill something better comes along. I have a line on a couple air seats we may install before the Gathering but I don't seem to get much done on my limited trips to the farm. We will see. I'll keep ya'll updated. Vinny

jatonka

Vinny, I have a 24 volt to 12 volt DC to DC convertor with your name on it, come to Fort Drum to pick it up and it's yours cause you are a brother. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks