• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unusual military tire

idM1028

So I was outside the unit today when I noticed a strange looking trailer. The first thing I noticed was it kinda looked like a M109 deuce and a half, but . . . it was a trailer. Mil-spec tow eye and everything. I looked around for a data plate. No nomenclature, but it turned out to be a "containerized kitchen" What really got me were the small (well, for a military trailer) tires. That and they were pretty aggressive for the size. Turns out they were Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs (pic below) in 235/85/16 which is the stock size for M1008's, M1028's, etc. If any of you are like me and what to keep your truck "military" but can't resist the urge to go 'wheeling and trail-riding every now and then and need/want tires that are bit chunkier, feel free to use this as an excuse.

Attachments

idM1028

Not sure what the rating on this thing was (3/4, 1 ton, etc.) but it was pretty big. And the wheel/tire setup was more of what you'd expect from a civvie trailer thats on the bigger side. Total of 8 wheels/tires on two axles. Here's a pic. Its on the left. The other trailer is an older "Mobile Kitchen Trailer" Here's a link that's got more detail: http://www.army.mil/-images/2009/11/25/57315/army.mil-57315-2009-11-25-111150.jpg
If you look closely you can see two more trailers and a total of three MV's!

Attachments

Last edited:

papercu

It's called a 7 1/2T, 4-Wheel, XCK2000
or 7 1/2T, 4-Wheel, XCK2000E1
The TM is 9-2330-328-14&P and the Gross Combined Weight (GCW) for the trailer is 21,000 lb (9545 kg) Wayne

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks