• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Update question

Srjeeper

When Uncle updated a duce, did he zero the miles and Hrs.?

In the case of mine, no two year dates seem to match. I was wondering what year determines when it actually happened. Engine and each rear dates are all different.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The answer to that long and painfull. Basicly unless it went through a depot rebuild, no nothing will have the same dates. Mwo(s) get done at different times and will state the date they were done. That is why there are so many dates on the truck.

ida34

If it was depot rebuilt the dash would have a larger rebuild tag attached saying what depot and what year. There would probably be a marking somewhere (most likely the door or dash) that says CARC and a date. This is usually the depot rebuild date. They usually put in a new data plate that does not show manufacturer and will have the serial number either hand stamped or engraved by hand. These trucks are the one that have the miles and hours zeroed. The trucks are disassembled and all parts are inspected then they rebuild it with the rebuilt parts. Usually the truck is a mix master and the date of manufacturer is true of the frame but not for the rest of the components. The do not make efforts to keep the original components with the original frame.

As has been already stated, the triangle attached to the door frame is the MWO for seatbelts.

The rebuild date can only be determined by the depot rebuild tag on the dash. The other rebuild tags are for the individual components. Usually the Carc date is the depot rebuild date but this is not a sure thing.

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,thanks.That means my new truck was rebuilt in 1991.Guess that is why she is in such nice shape.Carc blaa blaa 91.Between monsoons I will try and get a picture.

dirtyfingernails

Chuck, Stretch,
That is excellent information I wish I had known long ago. Oh well. So, if I can't find any new tag on the dash, does that mean my 1970 AMGEN has all components from 1970? Just tying to understand the system. Many components on my truck were obviously new or rebuilt because they were still primer red when I got it (tranny, front axle, steering box and others). But, I don't have any tag except the one on the door web. Thanks.
Steve

jasonjc

The CARC date just means it was repainted in that year not rebuilt. A rebuild will have a dash tag say that it was rebuilt at where ever and a date. Just about any part on the truck could have ben rebuilt at any time and put on the truck. When a truck had a part go bad it is replaceed not the hole truck and the part could be new or rebuilt or taken fron a parts truck or taken from one next door at midnight. I had a hummve get a rebuilt eng at just a few 1,000's mile because the unit mech said the water pump was bad.

ida34

ida34 said:
Usually the Carc date is the depot rebuild date but this is not a sure thing.
I also add that we had our trucks repainted carc and when our division paint shops painted them they were not labeled carc with the date.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks