• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Update! Solid state regulator was toast.

DeetFreek

So, I've been trying to diagnose what I thought was a generator issue. Turns out it looks like I have a regulator issue. Generator testing determined output is good, climbed over 30V easily. At some point a solid state reg was installed, is there a way to test one of those? I know the old mechanical ones can be adjusted and maintained, but know nothing on the newer types.

DeetFreek

So, last week I decided to pull the regulator off. As I stood up with the reg in my hands, I caught a whiff of fried electrical. Took the cover off and found this:20230212_192401.jpg20230212_192401.jpg20230212_192347.jpgreceived_1304104526833779.jpeg
It's now all good, got a new one swapped in, even stuck the old government plate on! received_725173769219384.jpeg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks