• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrading M813A1 to 14R20s

M1075

Well today was the day to get some new shoes on M813A1's M813A1. We took advantage of the great weather to install some HEMTT 2 piece wheels and Michelin XL 14R20 tires. I'll post up the pics and let M813A1 give an assessment of the driveability, as I have yet to ride in it!

Attachments

M1075

When you tackle a project like this, be sure to have some slick'em like Murphy's tire compound, a good impact wrench and good jack. Once we got through, we decided to make a short off-road shakedown run. We didn't go 500 yards and M813A1 had the priviledge of getting those tires dirty and pulling my M818 out of a soft spot (sprag isn't working). Thanks M813A1. It is always good to know someone with a big truck who can get you out of a bind!

Attachments

M813A1

Wow !! What a long day !! Those tires have a Great ride !! I am going to pay for it in the morning, I am going to be hurting all over from working on mounting those tires !! LOL !!! Even had fun pulling the guys out of the mud !! It was a Good Day !! Thanks M1075

Last edited:

TedG

Nice James and M813A1! M813A1's look better with the singles on them and the ride is nicer! Good advice with the lube and don't forget to install the o-ring AFTER the tire is on the rim!

Regards