• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

US Marine Corps M37

Good afternoon!

I drove to Tennessee to pick up this January 1953 M37. She's very complete, but rough.

Having been mostly through my 1952 truck by now, I'm very familiar with the systems of the truck. Of particular interest to me is the history of this truck. Not much out there, but she has all the signs of being issued to the Marine Corps. I find it interesting that the truck appears to have been modified to accept the driver's door mounted spare tire carrier, which unfortunately is missing...or is it? I think they used at least a part of it to make the spare tire carrier that's in the bed.

I traded my junker M38A1 jeep and 300 bucks for the truck. Any more information about Marine trucks would be great! Enjoy the pictures.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any more information about Marine trucks would be great!
As a Marine... I'll fill you in:

They drink too much gas, run... but haphazardly and longer and further than you think they can, blow their budget generally two days after payday, will definitely fight your other vehicles, which they deem inferior and will probably end up married to an old beater that has already had 5 or 6 owners and been around the block several times....

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Susbscribed.. I now own a 1952 M37 I'll be picking up in the coming week. It would be neat to compare VINs and see how closely they're related!

received_613518903058135.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks