• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Used Fry Oil, WVO

jpekarek

I have an opportunity to buy up to 1000 gallons of UVO for $250. That's .25 per gallon.

Question 1) Is this a good deal?
Question 2) What should I look for?
Question 3) What would make it unusable?

Thanks in advance!

James.

FILTER FILTER FILTER. A centrifuge is best. Also use a water separator. The Deuce will burn just about anything but it cant stand water in the mix. Thin it out with gas or diesel. Keep an extra set of fuel filters with you.

jpekarek

Im just a little torn on what works best. Veggi oil ormotor oil? I know there is a lot of info here and I have read it all. But what are the preferences? Will I have problems with veggi oil in the winter? I want a fuel I can dispense into the tank and forget about it for a while.

Veggie oil will have to be kept warm, do a forum search this has been discussed in great detail. Some use WVO year round they just thin it more in the winter. Or you could go to a two tank system. Put a heater for the WVO tank and start and stop on diesel so you dont have to worry about gelling the fuel filters or injectors in the cold.

Also I believe WVO has less BTU's then WMO or Diesel. So you might experience a slight loss in power or an increased consumption of fuel.

jpekarek

Well I just stopped by a little repair garage 2 blocks from my work. They have a 400 gallon waste oil tank out back. The owner said I can come by and pump a barrel of oil out anytime I want! FREE FUEL!! :D

Getting the WVO and turning it into Bio-diesel is the best option. Biodiesel can be used in the winter with little problem. If you go the biodiesel route I would still mix it with straight diesel and some diesel bio-cide Just to eliminate any concerns.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Since you now have a source for WVO and UMO you can use my formula for Wreckerman's Special Deuce Elixer.

For a 100 gallon batch use: 30 gal WMO, 30 gal WVO, 30 gal straight diesel and 10 gals reg gas.

In the winter you can back off the WVO and add 10 more gals of gas.

In sub zero you can eliminate the WVO and just use WMO and gas. Adding a diesel conditioner will help prevent jelling if it is REAL cold.

When you pump out of the WMO tank start at the top.....never, ever, put your pickup tube into the bottom....that is where all the crud and water settle.

I have a filter on my pump setup.....I highly reccommed that....I use it to move liquids around and to fuel my trucks....my stuff gets filtered at every step of the process.

Your milage may vary.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Substitutions

Since you now have a source for WVO and UMO you can use my formula for Wreckerman's Special Deuce Elixer.
For a 100 gallon batch use: 30 gal WMO, 30 gal WVO, 30 gal straight diesel and 10 gals reg gas.

You may also substitute 10 gallons of paint thinner for the gasoline, but be sure you install an "air intake blockoff system" prior to cranking the engine.
Your milage may vary.
:-D:driver::grd::shock::twisted:

area52

In the winter you can back off the WVO and add 10 more gals of gas.

In sub zero you can eliminate the WVO and just use WMO and gas. Adding a diesel conditioner will help prevent jelling if it is REAL cold.

When you pump out of the WMO tank start at the top.....never, ever, put your pickup tube into the bottom....that is where all the crud and water settle.

I have a filter on my pump setup.....I highly reccommed that....I use it to move liquids around and to fuel my trucks....my stuff gets filtered at every step of the process.

Your milage may vary.
Where does the possum grease come in at? :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks