• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USMC Deuce need pics for tac marks and help with paint

71marine

Hey All,

I'm working on a 64 Kaiser and would like to restore it as close as possible to a U.S.M.C. Deuce about 1968 Vintage. I have the MC Green paint but would like to get pics showing Tac Markings. Also any help with the color for the Tac marks would be appreciated. I plan to use the vehicle for our local Marine Corps League events. (give the older GRUNTS a lift.)
Thanks Again.

Attachments

CGarbee

Color information (using Federal Standard 595B catalog):

Solid body color:
USMC Lusterless Forest Green - 34052
USMC Semi-Gloss Forest Green - 24052

Stencil color:
Yellow Matt Finish - 33538 (use with Korean era Lusterless Forest Green)
Yellow Semi-gloss - 23538 (use with Vietnam era Semi-Gloss Forest Green)
Old Caterpillar Yellow is the nearest known civvy colour to USMC yellow, being only a few parts-per-million different.

Remember: No periods in USMC (USMC not U.S.M.C.) when you stencil the hood and tailgate numbers.

Geometric designs for identification of the Marine Divisions: Not on all vehicles, red or red with yellow boarders...

Good luck, glad that you are getting her "dressed right" for hauling the guys.

MarineTracs

Marine Tac markings

Here are a few photos that I have found on the web showing USMC Vietnam era Tac Markings. Sorry that I have not found any real good close ups. Remember that while we Marines say "scarlett" and "gold", for practical purposes we really mean red and yellow.
I have shown 1st, 2nd and 3rd Mar Div devices. The 4th Mar Div was, and still is, the Reserve division. I never saw a 4th Mar Div vehicle with Tac Markings until the recent call ups for the war in Iraq (excluding the WWII era). The 5th and 6th Mar Divs were disbanded after WWII. I have a few other photos on file, but this gives you an idea at least.
If anyone else out there has any photos, particularly close ups, I'd be thankful if you would share them.
Also, please note that I am not an expert and make no claim to be. This is just my conclusions from markings that I have seen and can document.
Semper Fi

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks