• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USMC MB-5A 10kw, 60Hz

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have any expereience with them? we have 2 at the Museum and are thinking about getting them up and running.

I have not looked in the library to see if we have a set of TM's yet.

They are 10kw diesel powered, one is a Herc and the other White, 4 cylinder, NA diesel. They are both USMC, 120/240, 60Hz units. I believe the data tags say 1969 mfg., 12xx and 13xx hrs on them. Been sitting in the same spot for as long as I can remember. There is another one that I think is new. Trailer tires still have the nubs, NDT tires, and the generator itself is banded closed.

Does anyone think that, if tyhese are made to run, get checked out and load tested, they would be worth anything? $2500, $3k?

Ray70

It sounds to me like you may have a difficult time finding parts for something that old and not all that common.
So getting them running may be problematic.
Running and tested they're worth as much or as little as someone is willing to pay.
They are probably not at all desirable for backup emergency power, but perhaps you can find someone looking for a working antique military generator for other purposes ( shows, demonstrations, museum use etc. ) but $2500 ea. may be difficult unless you can find the right buyer for an antique show piece?
I doubt you will find many buyers interested in that vintage machine for emergency power.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet there would be interest over on the Smokstak forums, but commercially at large, probably not. They might be able to help you source docs and more info on them too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks