• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USO looking for CUCV's

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I was contacted today that the NYC USO is looking for two or more CUCV's or military jeeps that they can fix up to be transport for their entertainment team(s) in NYC.

Obviously getting vehicles from donation would be ideal for them. Truck(s) for a good price is another option. They also are looking to get assistance in fixing, cleaning, and making nice looking the vehicles.

They can opt for obtain the vehicle from donation from the US Govt but that gets some accountability strings attached and still will have to pay the state agency for excess and surplus property in NY.

So they are looking at options.

If you have a CUCV or a former military jeep in NYC area, send me your info and I'll pass it on. Do not send vehicles that are civilian made to look military. They want real former military vehicles.

Send me a PM. I will attempt to get the action officer working this onto this forum to take it over at some point in the future.

HAWKMAN

How far from NYC are they willing to go?. Depending on what exactly they're looking for I might be able to help...PM me, I can give you e-mail address. Thanks:-D

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Just another heads up. The head of the NYC USO called me and they are beginning their pursuit of a CUCV very soon. He has also been on this website as a lurker. Hopefully he will join.

They are now looking more towards 1008's but potentially 1009's. Tried to talk them into becoming part of the deuce club but I guess the USO girls would have a hard time getting in and out. I know I'd help them, if my wife lets me, :-D.