• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VA Richmond M1009 Recovery

crownjewel4

We will be picking up a M1009 from VA. Richmond. I have never been, and wondered what to expect. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Left a message today with the person at the number listed, (Jackson), have not heard back yet.

Thanks much,:smile:

stampy

Richmond is always a great pickup for me! The staff has always been helpful and friendly. Wave at my m1008 when you get there. Be sure to get directions it can be confusing as you kind of have to go around you elbow to get to your a.... well you know. :-D

When are you picking up your M1009? The best way to get in is through the back gate. Take the Strathmore road exit off of Chippenham Pkwy and follow the signs. There will be a pass office where you will get your vehicle pass (license, registration, proof of insurance) and they will call the GL office to ensure you have an appointment. Be sure to have your paid in full invoice, that is the only paperwork you will need to take possession of your vehicle. Depending on your pick-up date, I may be able to meet you at the pass office and help out, if you want.

peecook

When are you picking up your M1009? The best way to get in is through the back gate. Take the Strathmore road exit off of Chippenham Pkwy and follow the signs. There will be a pass office where you will get your vehicle pass (license, registration, proof of insurance) and they will call the GL office to ensure you have an appointment. Be sure to have your paid in full invoice, that is the only paperwork you will need to take possession of your vehicle. Depending on your pick-up date, I may be able to meet you at the pass office and help out, if you want.
you have to drive your deuce up if you come up :)

HeadWizard

I'm pending Approval from Battle Creek on a 1009 at Richmond. Have probably picked up 15 vehicles and 20 other lots of stuff from there. Normally pretty good people. Let me know when you get scheduled and i'll try to get there.

Don

Divemaster920

Banned
Guys remember Tony is no longer there. When I picked up the 109 last week they had it warming up for me at the GL gate.
Remember you will have to sign in at the GL office also.

crownjewel4

Do you have an address for Chippenham Parkway that I could plug in the GPS?
Thanks,

onegmjack

I put in 8000 Jefferson Davis Highway,Richmond,VA in GPS,but when you get on Chippenham Parkway, Highway 150 stay on that road you should see the sign.The GPS sent us the Charlottesville way I-81 to I-64,went down Chippenham,made right then back left,you drive till you see the guard building,you need to go to visitor center on the right.Dwight

Last edited:

crownjewel4

I put in 8000 Jefferson Davis Highway,Richmond,VA in GPS,but when you get on Chippenham Parkway, Highway 150 stay on that road you should see the sign.The GPS sent us the Charlottesville way I-81 to I-64,went down Chippenham,made right then back left,you drive till you see the guard building,you need to go to visitor center on the right.Dwight

Thanks,
I will post photos and details of our trip. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks