• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of a M927/M928 with NHC250 and ISO bed?

I know a guy that has a long wheelbase 5-ton, but it needs ALOT of work. I can get it for a pretty good price I think, and I think I can get him to include the parts needed to fix it, but what would this truck really be worth? I think it is technically a M928 (had the winch), but the winch was removed. The bed appears to be in good shape and it is the ~20ft ISO bed with removable sides. This is my main reason for thinking the truck might be worth buying.

I am really thinking about trying to use the truck for a certain business endeavor where the long bed will come in handy, but would like to get an idea of what it might be worth because I always want to be able to get rid of stuff I buy without losing a ton of $$$.

So, if it ran good, looked good, what would it be worth WITHOUT the winch, I could always put another winch on it but don't really need one for my use.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$5-$7k without seats, bows or cover as some of that is ISO bed specific assuming NHC 250, duals, no winch nor the parts for it.

Disclaimer that I did stay in a holiday inn recently......

jdknech

around here.. 4-6K tops.. depending on the work needed.. just sold a CHERRY m932Ao for 7K without flinching.. but a m931 needing a overhaul (water in oil) has a hard time selling for scrap value..

ichudov

I assume that good price means less that iron scrap value. If so, buy it and part out. It is not worth the while to perform any intensive repairs. Good trucks are available cheaply from the government.

Since it has the ISO bed, does that mean it is a 'Marine' truck and would also have lockers in the axles? It does have the water fording kit but I guess there is no way to tell if it has lockers or not without jacking up an axle.

It is in really rough shape, the whole dash has been stripped, hoses/wiring out of engine bay, transfer case is gone, etc etc. I don't know that I want to fix it but I may buy it for the parts, I would like to put one of the 3rd members in my truck if it has lockers.

I might would build a trailer out of the ISO bed if I do part it out, could pull the 3rds out of the two rear axles and use them as trailer axles, that or use 2 (or 3) M105 trailer axles.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My M927 is in very good shape with low miles. It would take 13K to buy it. They sold some M928's in Hotlanta a few months ago and I think they went north of 6K and they looked pretty rough. The long bed trucks have a reinforced frame that makes them ideal to mount a tank or spreader bed on. My guess is that Memphis Equipment or one of their competitors got them to refurbish and sell on the civy market.

ichudov

My M927 is in very good shape with low miles. It would take 13K to buy it. They sold some M928's in Hotlanta a few months ago and I think they went north of 6K and they looked pretty rough. The long bed trucks have a reinforced frame that makes them ideal to mount a tank or spreader bed on. My guess is that Memphis Equipment or one of their competitors got them to refurbish and sell on the civy market.
I bought my M927 for $4,444 in Indianapolis. The only thing wrong with it was bad ABS ECU. ($400 on ebay)

Excuse Me

I need an M927 with the 20' bed. Dont need a winch. But the sides do need to be removable. Do all of the 20' beds in the 9xx series have removable sides? I need it for hauling pallets of blue berries. We are replacing our 18' bed gas, single axle truck. I'd need to put a head board up from and small winches on the sides. But the bed needs to be flat. Any help with the bed/sides types on these is appreciated.