• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of Banks Turbo kit?

Barrman

That is a tough one. Figure $3k for a new system. Figure $500 - $800 plus exhaust for a GM turbo system. Somewhere in between is your price. I haven’t looked lately, but $1200 seemed to be the eBay price a few years ago. That was without exhaust though. But exhaust will make shipping very expensive.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IMHO the same that a complete 6.5 take out engine would cost since they're basically the same. Years back I bought a 6.5 to turbo my CUCV for $600. I sold the 6.5 long block for $200.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

Oh My, There is much more...........................

Last edited:

2INSANE

I sold a mostly full used kit for $3000 with a banks turbo rebuild kit that is no longer available. The banks kits are worth a lot and are still the best turbo set you could get for a 6.2 and even a 6.5!

Also sold 2 partial Banks kits for $800-$1500.

Last I checked with Banks they still sell some parts of the kit but they are getting limited. They have only 15 Banks Exhaust Manifolds left as of 2021. They quit selling the turbos many many years ago.

When you call Banks you must get the right technician in regards to the Banks kit parts. The newer noob technicians don’t know what they have on their shelfs.

My recommendation is don’t buy a banks sidewinder kit because parts are limited or are no longer available. The rebuild kits for these turbos are simply gone! I bought the last one on eBay. Unless there is a lucky find on a rebuild kit.

My advice is to simply buy 6.5 turbo parts because they are super cheap, can be found anywhere in the junkyards, a plethora of upgrade options and can be tuned easier. With 3 banks turbo kits at my disposal, I went with the 6.5 Turbo parts route for my Optimizer because if I need to replace parts, I can simply drive a couple blocks down the road to the junkyard and get what I need to replace it cheap and fast!

Last edited:

Ilikemtb999

6.5 stuff is much better than the slow spooling banks turbo setup. The benefit of the banks kit is it’s a kit that just bolts on but that’s about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks