• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of M51?

pilot

On Friday I looked at a M51 gasser with winch that is for sale. It is complete but the fuel tanks, frame mounted filter, and air cleaner hose have been removed but the parts are in the shop. I was told there had been rust in the tanks and filter and it has not run in about 5 years. No sheet metal dings, minimal surface corrosion, all gauges etc. intact. I am considering a $500.00 offer. I do not have any pictures, (camera doesn't like being left over night at minus 20). I would have to tow or haul it about 80 miles to our farm, but I do have a towbar and 2 M818s and 2 M543a2s so moving it is possible. Any opinions, comments? Greg

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get it for $500, you stole it. It is worth more. Work your way backward from what it is worth if it was running and what it would take to get it there. I bet that truck is worth at least $5K if it was running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks