• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vehicle damaged while being loaded

SS WFO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My LMTV was damaged at the Butner yard. No-one is accepting any responsibility. There is damage in the back which looks like it was done by a forklift and gov planet said they don't move vehicles with forklifts. damage to the front happened when the truck fell off the loading dock. gov planet and Freds towing (the wrecker who loaded the truck) both blame Good Vibes Only(the shipper), who was contracted by D&L Transport.

Attachments

Last edited:

DaneGer21

My LMTV was damaged at the butler yard. No-one is accepting any responsibility. There is damage in the back which looks like it was done by a forklift and gov planet said they don't move vehicles with forklifts. damage to the front happened when the truck fell off the loading dock. gov planet and Freds towing (the wrecker who loaded the truck) both blame easy riders (the shipper).
Yikes!

dmetalmiki

HUH?!..I don't believe what I see...MUPPETS!...I would have driven that truck off the ramp then loaded it onto the trailer.
Did not run?..Kin'ell..lower that trailers loading ramp ONTO the dock , then pull the truck onto the trailer.
Who ever is using that outfit Damaged your vehicle.
They should pay for any damage incurred.
OH, And not send the apprentice to do the job.
No, Hang on, SEND the apprentice, He would surely carry out such a simple task satisfactorily.
Repeats.."kin, Muppets!"...😖

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They fork trucks all the time. Did that come from customer service or did Austin tell you that?

If the wrecker was putting it on the trailer with his wheel lift then the wrecker company is responsible since it was hooked to his vehicle.

Technically if any part of the wrecker including cables is hooked to a vehicle they are responsible unless you sign a waiver.

Ritchie brothers yards have a form for release of damage for fork lifting stuff.

The hot shot driver can be responsible but probably doesn't have cargo insurance. Broker does though. His truck just got shoved forward when it hit those ramps

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

I'm not entirely sure that truck ( Running ( capable)) ,
Would have just driven without fuss off that dock!.

Maybe!.

The picture is hard to 'translate'..
What in heck is holding the rear up in the air like that ??
Fork truck??
Why is the truck even on a loading ramp?
Please let us a have a "Full" zoomed out picture of your nosed dived truck.
And let us know. Was your vehicle running or drivable ?
Then we can all throw in with at least 10,000 legal suggestions.
You must be well p.. off. Sorry that happened to you, It could have been such a smooth and pleasing acquisition.
The Vehicle itself looks great though.
Maybe not so hard to re-instate to the condition you want.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not entirely sure that truck ( Running ( capable)) ,
Would have just driven without fuss off that dock!.

Maybe!.

The picture is hard to 'translate'..
What in heck is holding the rear up in the air like that ??
Fork truck??
Why is the truck even on a loading ramp?
Please let us a have a "Full" zoomed out picture of your nosed dived truck.
And let us know. Was your vehicle running or drivable ?
Then we can all throw in with at least 10,000 legal suggestions.
You must be well p.. off. Sorry that happened to you, It could have been such a smooth and pleasing acquisition.
The Vehicle itself looks great though.
Maybe not so hard to re-instate to the condition you want.
Just a guess but probably the tow truck he hired.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really sorry to hear about the damage that happened to your truck!. :(

I got mine last year in PA. They went back with a very large fork lift and I watched them drag it out from the back yard. They were driving the fork lift backwards with chains wrapped around the front of the forks and the hooks on the rear shackles of the truck. The rear was lifted up, and as they were moving the truck, and due to the half flat front tires, the truck would surge towards the fork lift as it was being moved. The trucks tailgate and rear of the bed would run right into the chains which bent and damaged the tailgate and the rear of the bed.

While the tow truck, I had there to tow my truck, was hooking up, I watched them move two other trucks with the fork lift.

Also, when I got the truck home and after inspecting the truck, I found that the front two drive shafts were bent and had flat spots on them. Apparently at some point in time, a large fork lift had lifted the whole truck up, damaging the shafts.

So, as @simp5782 said, "They fork trucks all the time".

I hope you can get this resolved quickly.

Good luck and congratulations on your new to you truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks