• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vent Crowl Seal

Rhodesia

received my vent crowl seal the one I just took off was petrified so bad I had to use a flat head screw driver to take off the old seal, so when putting on the new one what does anyone recommend for a sealant before installing the rubber seal to hold it in place? thanks :recovry4x4:

NAM VET

the adhesive is good, but the whole replacement is a bit tricky. First, thoroughly clean the slot, derust if necessary. Put tiny dabs of the adhesive down in the bottom of the channel, because if you put it on the rubber strip, it will stick before you get it all perfectly set down in the groove. I had to shorten mine just a tad. When done, pull the metal vent cover down to hold the rubber down for awhile. You might practice setting it in the groove before you actually put the glue in.