• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Very slight miss while pulling hills

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a rather picky question, but I'd like to get to the bottom before I'm out in the middle of nowhere and there is a real problem...

I'm quite lucky that my m37 which I've had under a year runs quite well. When we acquired it directly from the state, all that was required to get it running ( stopping, well thats a different story) was to extract the basketball size wasp nest from under to hood ( seriously basketball size ).. Replace the fuel filter(s), batteries and some fresh gas. In time we eventually replaced the voltage regulator, hoses, belts etc, but that's all. The points, plugs, wires are all original ( when I got it )

I've been driving it around, runs strong and we have had good acceleration, running in all situations, but the past weekend I could feel a very slight miss, or hesitation when pulling hills. Nothing too drastic, actually the person riding with me didn't notice it until I pointed it out.

So my question is where should I start looking... I briefly checked the flow in the fuel filters but I doubt this is the case, since we are using an electric fuel pump and the flow is ok.. Plus given it's not fuel injected and the bowl should keep enough or it would sputter more noticeably.

Thoughts? What should I consider replacing or at least having on hand to improve this? I doubt it will just go away by itself.

Points?
Vaccum advanced system?

TIA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks