• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vibration at 55mph in m1008

rfischba1

Yes , the vibration/noise get louder, as soon as I slow back to 45mph it stops. Its more noise than vibration like its the tire.
Maybe out of alignment?

galeo7171

When I picked up my 1009 three weeks ago it would vibrate around 55-65 mph. I took it to the local tire place and every tire was dry rotted. I had them put 4 new tires on (BF all terrain) and the vibration went away.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Double check that your hubs are unlocked. I had that happen one time. I had one hub locked. I think someone was screwing with me.

How are your tires? New? Worn? Stock size?

Does the vibration/noise seem louder in a turn? Could be a wheel bearing then. Jack the front end up and see if you have any side-to-side play with either wheel.

rfischba1

Tires are the coopers and have very good tread, wheel bearings were repacked and front end checked out ok. its more of a vibration noise that gets louder when I hit 50 in the M1008.
Tires not new , but not rotted. May be I will have the tire shop take a look.

jag7720

The bands in the tires can be broken and can cause vibration and steering issues. Even if they have good tread and are not rotted they can break. Especially if they are old.

Does it go away after you get past 50 or 60 mph?

rfischba1

Have not tried to push it past 55 once the noise starte, I did have one hub locked in, set it to free, still has noise and some vibration, could be old tires even though they have excellent tread. Mow about a wheel out of balance?
Next stop will be a tire shop just to make sure they are not about to blow out.

tsmall07

You shouldn't be going past 55 anyway, really. I think you're getting a noise because you're at the upper end of the rpm range for the motor.

B3.3T

Without knowing more, don't forget to check your drive shaft. Could be out of balance or a bad universal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks