• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Viewing large numers of posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmetalmiki

I would like to trickle this idea to others for consideration. When clicking an interesting post, that post might many pages long. And trying to navigate through at any sort of "reading speed" usually results in the whole thing coming to a stop with the message, "the forum requires 75 seconds" But I find most ofttimes this requirement is nowhere near the speed at which I am trying to work.
I would like to suggest that this frustrating limitation be removed, or the timing altered.
Secondly thoughts of members about the post being listed in Newest First, instead of last. As I for one when looking up a post already am aware of the general gist of the topic and just need the "updates" to the post.
But, please also be 'Aware' I really appreciate the work of the moderators and organizers of the site, A BIG thank you to them, One and All.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was unaware of this 75 second thing you speak of. Have you set your post per page to the highest setting? Mine is 40 posts per page.
If you go to "General Settings" you can adjust that and the newer to older posts and more.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm afraid I don't understand. When and where does this show up? is it trying to move from page to page? If so, increase the number of posts per page to 40. Mine is set at 40 and I don't get that alert. Again, it is a personal setting if posts are viewed newest to oldest or vice versa.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny if I look at new thread and it only has 1 or 2 posts I read then try to go back to today's post it makes me wait 75 seconds.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh my. That's odd and would drive me crazy too. Are you using the back function or clicking on the new post button again?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clicking today's post but now I just hit the back button.
But that doesn't make the thread Un highlight as read.
So I get confused sometimes if I read it or not lol.

99nouns

if you are on a computer you can middle click the post and it will open in new tab so you never have to go back to main window...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And I've explained this a few times, I'm weeding through the stack of issues and ratcheting the delay down. (About to take it down to 60 once I get a few things taken care of)

There's finite resources for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks