• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vin 5ton 818

reb87

Ok I hate to bring this up but I have searched the topics and cannot find exactly where the vin would be stamped on my 818 frame. The plate has been changed and has the vin scratched in and I know that the police will want to check it with the stamped number on the frame. I have removed some of the paint on the left (drivers) side frame rail but havent found a number yet. Can somebody tell me where it should be?

The nsn on the gl paper stuck to the bumper is2320000508978. Also the number scratched in the plate is 05A-1190 C124-10028 the fed stock number on the plate is 2320 050 8978. There arent any other spaces filled in on the plate. I just picked up the truck last week from ft carson co, the gl auction was in may. I need the date and make for the sf97.
Thanks for the help
Ross/Nebraska

Attachments

reb87

OK I found the number between two bolts in the frame right above the rubber axle snubber. The frame number matches except the last digit looks like a 3 instead of the eight on my plate. I dont think it is a light punch the three is prefectly formed. The number should be C124-10023. Should I use the frame number or the plate number?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks