• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIN confusion with insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith_J

My agent called me as they could not find any record of the VIN on my M1031. I had to explain it had never been titled so it was like getting insurance on a new car, despite its 26 years of age.

Anyone else have insurance woes before registration and titling?

lost in the bush

BMV should be easy. The clerk needs to hard code in info and than have the mgr. override same.

It just takes the right clerk with a little imagination. We just registered and plated our two M109A4.. They had trouble what to call it since it did not have a std bed on it.

Any help drive accross state to Greenfield BMV and see Scott.

They had trouble what to call it since it did not have a std bed on it.
I recently titled a Deuce. At the DMV she asked what it was, looking at the word Kaiser. I said it's an old jeep. She then asked if it was a pickup truck. Yep.

Walking out the door, I opened the envelope for the registration:

1970 KIA.

And I'm **** sure my 1028 has never delivered a piece of mail, but I find with the DMV, the less you say, the better.

I recently titled a Deuce. At the DMV she asked what it was, looking at the word Kaiser. I said it's an old jeep. She then asked if it was a pickup truck. Yep.

Walking out the door, I opened the envelope for the registration:

1970 KIA.

And I'm **** sure my 1028 has never delivered a piece of mail, but I find with the DMV, the less you say, the better.

Thats all well and good. until for some reason in the future, you get pulled over, and the Cop/deputy/trooper or constable does a check, and then starts harressing you as the registration doesnt match the MV... Same thing happen to me a few moons ago... and it wasnt pretty.... almost went to the pokey2cents

I'm an attorney, the vins match perfectly. I don't think I'd have a problem. Plus, the thing is so slow, I couldn't see a reason why I could ever get pulled over.

lost in the bush

I'm an attorney, the vins match perfectly. I don't think I'd have a problem. Plus, the thing is so slow, I couldn't see a reason why I could ever get pulled over.
Councilor

How many clients have you defended that never thought they would get caught?
Even as a retired LEO, I have been pulled over and pulled cars over because they vaguely match the descipition of a vec. involved in a crime.

Recommend that anyone involved with the BMV ask to speak in person to a supervisor. It is their responsibility to find a way to register and plate a street legal vec.

How many vehicles have you ever seen used in a crime that vaguely resemble a deuce and a half?

It was a funny scrivner's error on the registration. I am 100% positive that nothing other than a few laughs will ever be the result.

lost in the bush

Well in this country or oversea?

Actually with the mentality of some LEO, the call coiuld go our for a large dually truck and they pull you over.

I would just go have a brass plate made with the number from th ereg on it. LEO won't know the difference.

But a man has to do it his way and I'm all for it. :grd:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well in this country or oversea?

Actually with the mentality of some LEO, the call coiuld go our for a large dually truck and they pull you over.

I would just go have a brass plate made with the number from th ereg on it. LEO won't know the difference.

But a man has to do it his way and I'm all for it. :grd:
I wouldn't count to heavy on that theroy , there are ALOT of LEO'S that are in the hobby and know the VIN's to a tee.

sschaefer3

The VIN did not come up for State Farm so they manually entered it after I e-mailed them a photo of the "US Government Property" Vin plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.