• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIN Info Bottom Line

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Folks, please, if you are refering people to me to get there vin info, please have them go to the 2010 vin info thread. One member may think this is about him but it ain't. I've had six or so requests on my PM this month and it ain't the place I want to do it.

They also need to read the rules but to emphasis.

-I post the info I have
-Your vin, reg #, and buyer # (which anyone that really wanted to hard enough could get the name) are already out there so it ain't top secret so it really isn't a valid requirement to be real secretive about it. If you really feel you have a reason then by all means. The reason of "Hey I stole this out of the motorpool." That's a valid reason, LOL.
-I don't have an NSN listing for all vehicles so unless it is a standard non dropside deuce w/o w or w/w, I need the NSN. Do some homework and get that off the truck or off google and list it.
-Validate the number on the vehicle versus the paperwork before posting.

Personally, I'm busy. I also have a computer challenge and am now working off of one of those small screen computers that I can't stand until I have the time to get get a new one.

Above all else, I have a job and right now it is demanding a lot out of me with virtually no time off. So for the next few weeks or even month or two, I may not get to stuff quickly. When I can get to it, I will.

I remember Chris told me once he expected it to last a week. So far I've been doing this for 3 years now and plan to do it for another 3 or 4 or 5 or 6.

Sorry for the CARNAC diatribe.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have been guilty myself. :oops:

I've told people before that are asking about a truck to "ask CARNAC". What I was meaning was "post your info in the VIN info thread and CARNAC will give you the info" but I can see that people may not know about your thread and just send you a PM.

Thank you for bringing this up and in the future I'll make sure I tell people to ask in the thread so there's no confusion. ;-)

wsucougarx

CARNAC I want to personally thank you for the valuable and rare insight into our MV's. Your efforts to maintain your thread do not go unnoticed! Thank you for your outstanding work sir!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks