• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vin letter denotes brake capacity whats the difference?

85-m1028

I noticed that the m1008 has a G in the vin (1gcGd) which means it has a 8-9000 pound hydraulic brake system! But the m1028 has an H (1gcHd) which means it has a 9-10,000 pound brake cappacity, I want to know whats different between the 1008 and 1028 to add the extra 1000 LBS. of stopping cappacity??????? http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/81-87VIN.html see here for more info on vins

ida34

Larger brake rotors and calipers. larger brake drums and wheel cylinders. Larger master cylinder and most likely an upgraded hydroboost unit but I am not sure about this one. Mostly it is the larger size of brakes with the larger surface area for the larger friction material.

My F350 has a 12000 gvw with means it is actually a 3 ton truck not a 1 ton. The brake shoes for the duals is 3 inches wide instead of 2.5 inches wide for the non dually truck. This gives more braking power to stop the 12000 pounds of truck when fully loaded.

I don't know what specifically is the difference between the m1008 and the m1028 but it could also just be a paperwork upgrade on the brakes instead of any real difference.