• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIN question

galeo7171

I just received my invoice from govliq on my 86 m1009. I've got the vin they sent me. I've used the resources here to decode the vin. My only concern (its little) is the factory code of where it was manufactured. According to the resources here, F means the Flint, MI factory. All of the cucvs I've seen have F in the vin, except mine, which has an H. I'm wondering if this is correct or they just had a typo on the vin. The only reason I care right now is because I'm getting ready to put insurance on it before I go get it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If you are only doing the insurance for now, that is one thing. If your intent is to use the information they provide to get your SF97 and title, you better compare it to the VIN on the vehicle. If the data plate inside the drivers side door jam is missing or unreadable, check the drivers side of the front window for the usual VIN location.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks