• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vintage water can??

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It depends on the beholder, the one in the link is a $10 can.
Rare early cans have gas screw off cap like a fuel can but usually have 2 bungs verses 4 and have a W stamped on the side. Even more rare are the ones made out of aluminum.
If you are going to use yours for drinking water, first use smell and fell the inside too make sure they were never used for anything but water. Make a 10 cups water to 1 cup household bleach solution put in can and close lid. Roll the can around so it soaks 15 min per side, you can use it again in the next can. When done drain, let it dry out upside down and when completely dry close the lid and store.

RodUSMC1962

I found one at a flea market for $10 that is in great shape and I use it. Only problem is I had to make cork gasket that leaks a little. Any one know how to buy original GI gasket? :beer:

1958 M274

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends on the beholder, the one in the link is a $10 can.
Rare early cans have gas screw off cap like a fuel can but usually have 2 bungs verses 4 and have a W stamped on the side. Even more rare are the ones made out of aluminum.
If you are going to use yours for drinking water, first use smell and fell the inside too make sure they were never used for anything but water. Make a 10 cups water to 1 cup household bleach solution put in can and close lid. Roll the can around so it soaks 15 min per side, you can use it again in the next can. When done drain, let it dry out upside down and when completely dry close the lid and store.
I have a few of those aluminum cans. I might could even be talked into selling one or two of them if someone wanted one bad enough...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks