• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vinyl boots?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got some steering knuckle boots from kcgonzo yesterday. They appear to be made of vinyl, glossy and a lot stiffer than my set from Memphis.
The price was right, but I may not use them after all. Anybody have experience with them?
I have a really hard time with the zipper and that's right here on the bench, hate to be working it on the truck....

rockman

Bjorn, I have not seen these before as the ones I put on were rubber. I just put a another rubber one on from Sam Winers and it was hard enough. I imagine the vinyl could be harder as it is probably slicker.

Are they real NOS?

Bill

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
rockman said:
Bjorn, I have not seen these before as the ones I put on were rubber. I just put a another rubber one on from Sam Winers and it was hard enough. I imagine the vinyl could be harder as it is probably slicker.

Are they real NOS?

Bill
I'm sure they are not. The only markings on them are "TOP" and "CCB". I have one in the freezer now and will report back later today.

Attachments

CGarbee

I've used one of those vinyl ones before on a truck... Haven't had any problems and it's been about a year... I think that it was a Newstar Part?? (can't verify anymore, no longer have the packaging). The truck that I put it on gets daily use in the Spring-Fall, sits all Winter (farm water tanker).

I needed to get it back in action and it's what I got with an order I placed with a dealer along with some parts for my smaller trucks (dealer was not Memphis or KCGonzo...).

Be interesting to hear what you think about the one in the fridge :)

papercu

boots

have one in the freezer now and will report back later today.
Let's hope the wife doesn't fry it up as sausage! But I know you hate to waste anything, so if she does let us know how it taste. :D Wayne

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: boots

Okay, after soaking at 10°F for an hour or so, they have both retained their relative flexiness. No problem other than that the vinyl one may be tough to install, guess I'll have to try one.

Wayne, about the sausage, wife will be in CA for another school year, so not much chance for that to happen. :)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I just put two boots on that I got from Antelope Valley. They are identical to the KCGonzo ones. Sorry devilman96, they are in the same state and I get them the next day :oops: . It took 3 hands to put them on, but they haven't popped off yet. I have only put 30 miles on them.

rmgill

I'm actually starting to wonder if rubberized canvas would be better for these things. It'd have extra material BUT would be stronger.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Okay, all things considered, the vinyl ones may work fine, but I want all NOS style (Memphis shown above), so I'll offer these for sale:

1 ea: $15.00 (shipping included).
2 ea: $25.00 (shipping included)
3 ea: $35.00 (shipping included)

Shipping=USPS Priority Mail

First come first serve, 3 ea available. Send PM.

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks