• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Volt Gauge Light socket...Pic needed...

Asmoday

Does anyone happen to have a pic of the socket guts for the Volt gauge?

As I was tracing down non-functioning dash lights today I discovered that the grey wire for the Volt gauge light socket was ripped out of the back of the plastic socket and the wire was hanging down behind the dash taped up. The black wire is still intact in the socket.

The bulb was still in the socket with the spring. I would like to see a pic of the grey wire intact inside the socket so I can source the right metal contact piece and fix the socket...

Thanks!

nyoffroad

I had the same issue and I couldn't save the socket so I simply replaced the socket with a soft plastic one that takes a 193 "peanut" bulb, just a few seconds on the bench grinder to remove the flap and made it a push fit. Sockets are available at any auto store or just cut one off some unused harness, it's the socket used in the front side marker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks