• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltage Regulator ?

LanduytG

I have a couple MEP-806's that run great. However last fall when I was checking safeties on one of them, I did the over speed trip. Thats when things want wrong. Voltage went to 375 volts and could not be adjusted, After 5 minutes or so of continued running a little light smoke was coming from the generator end. I shut it off right away. It turned cold so I forgot about doing anymore work on it till now. I located a new regulator at what thought was a good price ($200). I have since read in another thread about doing the fuse mod which I will do. I'm really hesitant to put in the new regulator till I know more about whats really going on. Any suggestions on where to start? The TM really does not say how to diagnose the regulator.

Thanks
Greg