• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VT newb intro looking for info on 6500 HMMWV

DaveyG87

Hey all I’m a country boy in the middle of relocating to VT, thinking a HMMWV (M1045, M1165, M1123, etc) would be the ideal daily driver during the snow and mud season up there. I’m looking at several on govplanet.com and they all seem to be powered by the 6500…? Did the later models with the 6.5 TD solve the problems that GM had with the 6.5? Namely the cylinder 8 crack and injector pump controller overheating? Did they have a better transmission than the earlier 6.2 models? (Not that there’s anything necessarily ‘wrong’ with the GM TH400, but it’s gearing, especially with low diff ratios, is not really conducive to road driving speeds) next round of questions, is govplanet the only place a guy can get one? Anybody have negative feelings for govplanet? Lastly, if the ball and chain divorces me for buying it… how uncomfortable would it be to set up a bed in the back of a slant? Ha!

HMMWV1123

Hey all I’m a country boy in the middle of relocating to VT, thinking a HMMWV (M1045, M1165, M1123, etc) would be the ideal daily driver during the snow and mud season up there. I’m looking at several on govplanet.com and they all seem to be powered by the 6500…? Did the later models with the 6.5 TD solve the problems that GM had with the 6.5? Namely the cylinder 8 crack and injector pump controller overheating? Did they have a better transmission than the earlier 6.2 models? (Not that there’s anything necessarily ‘wrong’ with the GM TH400, but it’s gearing, especially with low diff ratios, is not really conducive to road driving speeds) next round of questions, is govplanet the only place a guy can get one? Anybody have negative feelings for govplanet? Lastly, if the ball and chain divorces me for buying it… how uncomfortable would it be to set up a bed in the back of a slant? Ha!
When you decide to buy, I have a M1123 in Ohio with road title I’ll sell you.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks