• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VT903 Injectors in a 250?

Alredneck

Banned
Howdy all, I been researching some injector info trying to figure out what set I am going to throw in the 250 cummins when it comes time to build it. I was reading a article about the old V8 VT903 engines making 400hp. That they used injectors that would also fit the 855ci engines as well. Has anybody tried swapping these injectors in a 250 and got more power? Any better recommendation. What tips would work the best? General injector questions if you can think of something im not let it out!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC, different calibration cam. That means not the same. The body is the same but the internals are different, B&P, cups, stroke, orifice. Watch out when juicing the NHC, they have no piston cooling nozzles, you'll hang a piston.

Alredneck

Banned
Im trying to do it the right way! I been reading a lot but trying to cross reference everything.

Trango

A buddy has a VT903 here in Colorado - it would probably be overkill to scrap it for injectors, but let me know if you are interested in additional parts (or the whole thing).

dozer1

Did I have 903 injectors before or not...hmmmmm

IIRC, different calibration cam. That means not the same. The body is the same but the internals are different, B&P, cups, stroke, orifice. Watch out when juicing the NHC, they have no piston cooling nozzles, you'll hang a piston.
With the same body, wouldn't they physically then be able to fit in an NHC250? I understand that they are the wrong injectors for a 250 and have the wrong internal parts, but would they fit and make it run? (albiet run incorrectly) In this thread http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/67634-cummins-injectors.html in post #8 you said "
Take them out and bring them to a local fuel shop. $40. to $60 each. They are totally rebuildable. If you want a 1 year warranty, buy genuine Cummins/Recon. As for the comment about 903 injectors in an 855, they were mistaken. Two totally different parts.

PCTRANS, why do you believe you need injectors? "

If they are totally different parts and simply wouldn't fit in my NHC250, the guy wasn't mistaken, he was not being honest with me. Any additional info WillWagner would be appreciated. One way or another I will find out whether or not my truck had 903 injectors in it. Dean

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bodies are same but things are different inside. Barrel and plunger assemblies, cups, flow, all that. The injectors are different. You can't put a 903 in an 855 and have it run right. You'll need to have them gone through so the internals are correct and flowed right.