• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait light not visible in bright light

riderdan

Another question, of course. :-D

Yesterday afternoon I went to pick my kids up from school in the truck. It happened to be parked in the driveway so that the sun was coming in from the rear and full on the dash. I couldn't for the life of me see if the wait light was lit or when it went out. Even cupping my hand over it to block the sun.

What do you do if you can't see the light on your truck? Count to 30? Is there a brighter (possibly LED) replacement?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was it working ok all along?

Mine would only come on for a nanosecond and not visible at all in the day. Could see it at night for that nanosecond. Changed the thermal GPC controller sender and all is good. Bright and I can see it here in the tropics :)

It is about 30 seconds if you want to do a manual count........

ryanruck

Upgrade it to the LED wait light! :mrgreen:

My original quit working, Ended up liking it so much I upgraded all the status lights to LED. They're nice and bright!

Part number is 12356703-2/5583395. Mac Motors has them in stock reasonably priced.

riderdan

Was it working ok all along?
Mine would only come on for a nanosecond and not visible at all in the day. Could see it at night for that nanosecond. Changed the thermal GPC controller sender and all is good. Bright and I can see it here in the tropics :)
It is about 30 seconds if you want to do a manual count........
It definitely comes on OK. And it usually doesn't stay on terribly long--last time I counted and got to about 10 before it turned off. I can see it in low light or at night, but when the sun's shining directly on it, I can't tell if it's lit or not. I guess I'll go for an LED replacement and see if that helps.

NormB

Could be, and I'd have to check out TM -10 manual for this, if it's warm enough outside, or short enough time after stopping, wait light might not come on at all. Last time I ran my truck it was in the70s, I turned it off, puttered around for about a half hour, turned the key, no wait light. Fired right up. I have the newest EESS box/controller/temp sender.

I just re-read the startup part of the manual for my MEP 802 generator and it says if it's over 35 degrees (IIRC), you don't need to warm up the glow plugs. So I tried it, nice sunny, 65 degree day, fired right up as usual.

A trick I learned years ago to focus on a small area of X-ray is to roll up another piece of film (hard to do now with digital) and look through the tube. Blocks out ambient light and light from the viewing box. Carry a paper towel roll tube with you, see what you can see. May be the light isn't on.

infidel got me

Upgrade it to the LED wait light! :mrgreen:

My original quit working, Ended up liking it so much I upgraded all the status lights to LED. They're nice and bright!

Part number is 12356703-2/5583395. Mac Motors has them in stock reasonably priced.
Does mac motors sell parts to John Q. Public? In their disclaimer it says if you misrepresent you/your company they will prosecute. Not trying to be a Betty downer-- just don't want to get drama over buying a part.

Wire Fox

Does mac motors sell parts to John Q. Public? In their disclaimer it says if you misrepresent you/your company they will prosecute. Not trying to be a Betty downer-- just don't want to get drama over buying a part.
I noticed that, too, but I was very transparent with what I was doing. They have you setup an account before you can purchase and they manually approve that account. Company was "N/A" for me and the user type I selected was "Hobbyist." They approved me within the hour, and my order went through just fine, so you can't say I was trying to hide anything. Plus, I've ordered through their eBay shop before. I didn't realize that one until I saw my PayPal transaction say "MacMotors" on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks