• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"WAIT" Light

1986Blazerk5

My wait light does not turn on evan with engine dead cold, acourding to the tech. manuals say to pull the glow plug control card and ground the light blue wire and the wait light came on so its not the bulb does anybody have any ideas on what else it could be

THANKS

Matt65

My wait light along with most of the bulbs in my dash were blown. There were a couple of really good articles on how to remove, and replace dash bulbs.

nhdiesel

If grounding the blue wire at the controller makes the light come on, then the problem is with the controller itself. You said that you know for sure the glow plugs are actually getting power. So you can either live with not having the light come on, and just listen for the relay to click off before starting; or replace the controller.

Jim

1stSarge

That is a tough one k5, I actually went out and pulled mine to trace the circuits on the board to see where they go. But yes, to agree with Jim, I would think the problem is the board itself, more specifically, probably the Q1 transistor.

I cannot see anything else in the glow plug circuit that would produce these symptoms, except possibly a bad/dirty connection between the edge connector and the plug. That’s it. I’d see if I could swap out the controller next chance you get, and see if that makes it work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks