• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wait light

REDWOLF

The wait to start light on my M1009 whent of very quickly this morning. It is usely on a lot longer than that even when it is warm out side. She still started just took a little more cranks. Any thoughts?:(

dhedden

Glow plug controller perhaps or the temp sensor. I bypassed all that soon after I got mine with a push button. I usually count to ten in warm weather and twenty or twenty five below freezing. It lights right up. Bypassing this will also lessen the risk of malfunctioning controllers energizing glow plugs on their own with the engine running. This is what happened in my case. It smoked the circuit board but luckily didn't destroy the glow plugs. they ohmed out fine although I haven't tried to remove any of them.

dhedden

If you look up a glow plug trouble shooting page it will have wire colors and diagrams. I am running a 12v system now but did this early on. When I had the malfunction it was pulling alternators down and the giant resistor on the firewall wa smokin hot. If you aren't using slave cables to jump start from another military vehicle you can bypass that too. You can get your 12v power source from the pos. side of the battery where they are hooked together in series. A simple check with a meter referencing chassis ground should show 12v at this point. You then lengthen the wire from there to the GP relay. A google search should find this.
As far as the actual switch to bypass the controller, here ya go. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/8917-cucv-manual-glow-plug-switch-install-issue.html

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sure the step by step how to is on here somwhere, but what would the serch be under. Thanks for the help in advance.

If you read the TM 9-2320-289-20 tech manual, the troubleshooting section has a step-by-step procedure to test the glowplug system. It doesn't cover testing the controller card but it does cover testing all the sensors, glowplugs, voltage, etc.

REDWOLF

Well so far it only did it that one morning, but this morning i whent to start the truck after it had set for one day without running and it almost did not start. Batteries acted like the where low. I know i need to put my new belts on my alternatores, they both are slipping at times the right one is wores than the left. Just so darn cold and i do not have a garadge to work on the truck out of the cold. Guess i am going to have to just man up and do it. I am shure with the temps being 35 and below for way to many days does not help. Batts are only about three years old and they are the delco millitary ones. rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks